FLU VACCINATION 2022/23
INFLUENZA VACCINATION 2022/23
- IF YOU CANNOT MAKE YOUR DESIGNATED APPOINTMENT - PLEASE ATTEND OUR 9TH NOVEMBER CLINIC ONLY, DURING THE ALLOCATED TIME FRAME FOR YOUR AGE.
- IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND 9TH NOVEMBER CLINIC, THEN PLEASE CONTACT THE SURGERY AFTER THIS DATE FOR US TO MAKE ALTERNATIVE ARRANGEMENTS FOR YOU.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not attend for your Flu Vaccination if you are testing positive for COVID-19. Your vaccination can be rescheduled for a later date.
**The surgery will NOT be delivering COVID-19 Booster vaccinations.**
- You will receive your invite via letter or text (This will be sent to you in due course).
- The clinics will be taking place at the surgery
- The Surgery Car Park will be CLOSED (Our car park will only be open for disabled badge holders and taxi's picking up patients with poor mobility).
- You will be allocated a specific time slot to attend for your vaccination (It is imperative that you attend at the time you have been allocated. Failure to do this may result in a delay of you being vaccinated).
- Patients will queue outside of the building (This is for everybody's safety - You will only enter the building when instructed by staff to be vaccinated).
- We will have approximately 10 vaccinators at each session (So if you do see other patients arriving please be reassured by this).
- There will be two different flu vaccinations this year (The guidance advises different vaccines for those over 65 / under 65. This may mean households are invited to two different clinics dependant on your age).
- Where you can please attend for your flu vaccination alone (This is to avoid unnecessary crowds inside the surgery - We are asking if only those who are due to have a vaccination that day can attend).
- Please ensure you are wearing suitable clothing (The flu vaccination is given in the upper part of your arm, so if you can wear something that allows easy access to this area - This will stop any potential delay and help us stick to our time frames).
- Once you have had your Flu Vaccination please exit the building via the front entrance immediately (This is to avoid patients being inside the building for an unnecessary amount of time and crowds. By doing this you will be helping us decrease any delay for those waiting to be vaccinated as we will not allow them into the building until you have exited).
We truly do appreciate that this is a lot of information - Thank you for your help in ensuring our clinics run as smoothly as anticipated.
Declining your Flu Vaccination
If you wish to decline your flu vaccination this year please contact the surgery as soon as possible to inform us, so that we can update your record.
Housebound Flu Vaccination
Flu vaccinations for our housebound patients will be organised by the PCN. You will be contacted by them in due course to arrange your vaccination. Where possible and if you are eligible you will be offered your COVID-19 booster vaccination at the same time.
* Please Note the surgery will also be offering 'reduced mobility' appointment slots, for flu vaccinations - This is for patients who are not housebound but have reduced mobility. *
For further information about the Flu Vaccination - Please click HERE