Patient Participation Group
What is a PPG?
PPGs are intended to be a route for patients to work together with their GP practice, to advise and inform their Practice on what matters most to patients and to help identify solutions to problems and overall help the GP practice continue to improve.
A PPG is open to every patient on the GP practice list. All communities, groups, genders, ages, ethnicities, and disabilities representing the patient list are encouraged to join. There are no other membership requirements except that patients must be registered with the practice.
What is the purpose of a PPG?
- To give patients and practice staff the opportunity to meet and
discuss topics of mutual interest about the practice.
- To provide a means for patients to become more involved and make
suggestions about the healthcare services they receive.
- To explore issues from patient complaints and patient surveys,
contribute to actions plans and help monitor improvements.
- To contribute feedback to the practice on National Patient Survey
results and Friends and Family Test feedback to propose
developments or change.
- To support health awareness and patient education.
If you would like to get involved and share your ideas, we would be more than happy to welcome you!
You can join Blundellsands Surgery PPG by completing and returning the below form to the practice:
For further information about practice PPG's please click HERE
Click HERE to see the minutes from the latest PPG meeting.